Our office is conveniently located at 17190 Van Wagoner Road, Spring Lake, MI 49456, in the Trillium Business Complex in Ferrysburg.
About Cara Galbavi
Attorney Cara L. Galbavi’s Grand Haven Area law practice focuses on PLANNING, and specifically planning the areas of estate planning, business, and real estate.
This focus comes from more than ten years of litigation experience in West Michigan in contracts, business, real estate, landlord tenant, and probate. Attorney Galbavi understands that life changes, and so do your planning needs. She creates relationships with her clients, because she understands that planning isn’t a one-time transaction, but a life-long commitment. Her prior experience will help you avoid litigation issues. Through proper planning, Attorney Cara Galbavi can assist you with all of your succession planning needs — whether it is your personal planning, through the drafting or amending of your Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, or your business planning, through the creation and proper maintenance of your small business entity, or larger limited liability company (LLC), corporation, or even partnership.
In contrast to working with a large firm, when you work with Attorney Galbavi, you know who is handling your file. You won’t be sent to an associate or secretary. You will work directly with Attorney Galbavi who understands your needs, can walk you through the process, and provide you the counsel you’re looking for.
Attorney Galbavi will work for you. Evening and weekend appointments are available. On site appointments are also available whether at your home, your office, place of employment, business, hospital, or nursing home.
Cara Galbavi Law
Spring Lake, MI 49456
Community Involvement & Professional Organizations
- Ottawa County Bar Association, Member 2008-present
- Muskegon County Bar Association, Member 2003-2016
- Lake Michigan Estate Planning Council, Serving on the Board of Directors 2018-2021; Member 2008-present
- Chamber of Commerce – Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Ferrysburg, Serving on the Board of Directors 2020-present; Member 2008-present
- Chamber Ambassador, 2011-present; Ambassador of the Year 2015-2016*
- Grand Haven Main Street Downtown Development Authority (DDA), Chair 2022-present; Serving on the Board of Directors 2019-present
- Lakeshore Mid-Day Referrals Chapter of BNI (BNI Michigan / Business Network International), Chapter President October 2016-September 2017; Vice-President 2018-2019; Member 2016-present
- Rotary Club of Spring Lake, President 2021-2022; Serving on the Board of Directors 2018-present; Membership Committee Chair July 2014-2020; Member 2012-present
- Winterfest, Inc., Serving on the Board of Directors 2007-present; Fundraising Chair 2015-present
- Soup For All, Secretary; Serving on the Board of Directors 2020-present; Event Committee Member 2017-present
- Folds of Honor Michigan, Inc., Secretary 2016-present; Serving on the Board of Directors 2016-present
- Tri-Cities Women Who Care, Member 2016-present
- Grand Haven Area Jaycees, Member 2008-2013
- Grand Haven Young Professionals, f.k.a. Lakeshore Surge, Member 2008-2013
- FAB 30 (Females About Business), Member 2011-2016
State Bar of Michigan, Section Memberships:
- Probate and Estate Planning**
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Information Technology
- General Practice
- Law Practice Management
**Cara L. Galbavi holds a Certificate of Completion in the areas of probate and estate planning issued by the Institute of Continuing Education and the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
Upon graduating from Valparaiso University School of Law and passing the Michigan Bar Examination in 2002, Attorney Galbavi was hired by a Grand Rapids plaintiffs’ personal injury civil litigation law firm. Despite being located in Kent County, Attorney Galbavi’s practice soon began shifting, and she began representing a large number of clients in Ottawa County and Muskegon County, presenting her clients’ cases before the District and Circuit Courts of these counties, located in Grand Haven, Holland, Hudsonville, and Muskegon. In 2003, due to her increasing work and contacts along the West Michigan lakeshore in Ottawa County and Muskegon County, Attorney Galbavi was presented with an opportunity to relocate her practice to the West Michigan lakeshore.
For the next five years, she continued her practice in civil litigation, but she shifted her practice to the areas of contracts, business, real estate, landlord tenant, and bail bond surety law. During this time, Attorney Galbavi’s office was located in Muskegon, and she mainly practiced in Muskegon and Ottawa Counties, again appearing before the Courts in Grand Haven, Holland, Hudsonville, and Muskegon. However, due to the nature of civil litigation, Attorney Galbavi also traveled throughout West Michigan to represent her clients in neighboring West Michigan counties, including Oceana, Newaygo, Lake, Mason, Manistee, Kent, Ionia, Barry, Montcalm, Allegan, and Kalamazoo. In addition, she also represented clients in the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan, as well as in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Michigan.
In 2008, with a conscious intent to transform her practice to a more relationship-based one, Attorney Galbavi moved her practice to Grand Haven, Michigan, concentrating on individual and business clients in the Tri-Cities Area of Grand Haven, Ferrysburg, and Spring Lake, as well as the general West Michigan lakeshore area from Holland to Muskegon. It was with this move in 2008 that Attorney Galbavi began transitioning her practice away from general civil litigation toward a focus in the areas estate planning, business, and real estate.
In 2010, after eight years of practice, Attorney Galbavi began her own law firm, then known as Cara L. Fisher, PLLC or Cara Fisher Law. With prior office locations at 622 E. Savidge Street in Spring Lake, 16920 Ferris Street in Grand Haven, and 128 Columbus Avenue in Grand Haven, the office of Cara Galbavi Law is now more conveniently located at 17190 Van Wagoner Road, Spring Lake, Michigan 49456 (technically Ferrysburg, Michigan), easily accessible from Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Muskegon, Holland, and Grand Rapids.
In her own practice, Attorney Galbavi continues to concentrate on clients from the Tri-Cities Area of Grand Haven, Ferrysburg, and Spring Lake, as well as the general West Michigan lakeshore area from Holland to Muskegon. She also continues to focus her practice specifically in the planning areas of estate planning, probate, trust administration, business creation and maintenance, nonprofit creation and maintenance, and real estate. Some view these areas of law as “transactional,” but in reality these areas of practice allow Attorney Galbavi to develop long-term, often lifelong, relationships with her clients.
In fact, many times these relationships span across generations, and Attorney Galbavi works for her clients in whatever stage they are in — be it a Baby Boomer thinking about their legacy and succession planning, to a Gen X’er in the height of their personal and professional career growth, to a Millennial who wants to be “all in” in whatever venture and relationship they build and are a part of.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Indiana (J.D. 2002)
- Youngstown State University, Ohio (B.A. 1999)